- 6 slices of cinnamon/raisin bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. Dice slices of cinnamon/raisin bread. Place the cubes in 6 greased heatproof custard cups.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Divide evenly and pour over the bread cubes. Place the dishes in a roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with hot water.
3. Bake in a 325*F (160*C) oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. In small saucepan, heat maple syrup and butter until smooth. Stir in sliced strawberries, blueberries, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel; heat through.
5. Unmold the puddings onto individual serving plates and serve with the fruit sauce. This great breakfast recipe makes 6 servings.Enjoy your breakfast !